Monday, August 14, 2006

Am I being too demanding?

Just got back from a long but furfilling trip and too tired to update this. Found this lovely list from Brian

This is the officical criteria for my ideal man. Also entitled "Why I'm still single."
  1. He must not smoke.
  2. He must understand my sense of humor.
  3. He must relish sarcasm.
  4. He must enjoy, or at worst tolerate, musical theater, opera and an afternoon at the gallery.
  5. He must not be into club music.
  6. He must have some form of regular exercise beyond hitting buttons on the remote or reaching for the bag of chips.
  7. He must not have bad breath (possible exceptions in the morning...)
  8. He must know how to kiss.
  9. He must look after, but not obsess about, his appearance (i.e. skin, haircut, fingernails, teeth, body hair)
  10. He must like dogs.
  11. He must have no, or limited, or extremely controllable allergies.
  12. He must not have a fear of flying.
  13. He must like to get naked. A lot. Especially on the beach.
  14. He must make me laugh at least once a day.
  15. He must have a fully functional penis of a respectable girth and a discernable sex drive.
  16. He must have respect for a higher power.
  17. He must appreciate comedies.
  18. He must not have a beer/wine/vodka gut.
  19. He must be able to drink socially without becoming an embarrassment
  20. He must have a laugh that doesn’t make me cringe.
  21. He must like to cuddle. Long time.
  22. He must not resort to baby talk, however.
  23. He must be on reasonably good terms with his family.
  24. He must be comfortable with his inclinations, not necessarily out with a capital “O.”
  25. He must be cool about Disco even though it’s so jumped the shark.
  26. He must not be misogynistic.
  27. He must have his own interests and pursuits.
  28. He must be in good health and intent on preserving it (That means no senselessly unsafe activities).
  29. Similarly, he must get regular checkups at the doctor, dentist, eye doctor, etc.
  30. He must not do drugs, unless they are prescribed by a physician.
  31. He must like to read. Books.
  32. He must not be afraid to be silly. Within reason and remaining mindful of time and place. Did that just cancel itself out?
  33. He must like to hear me sing. But then, really, who doesn’t?
  34. He must be OK that sometimes, on that rare occasion, just a teensy, weensy bit of our lives might, just might, end up on this blog.
  35. He must be employed. Gainfully.
  36. He must be able to plan ahead. Or graciously concede to making plans together.
  37. He must like children. Especially if they are his.
  38. He must go with me to the zoo at least once a year.
  39. He must love the beach. Tanlines optional.
  40. He must be able to swim.
  41. He must keep to a minimum, if at all, any tattoos or piercings.
  42. He must get at least 60% of my random pop-culture references.
  43. He must not be smarter than me, or if he is, not rub my nose in it too often.
  44. He must “get” and respect my whims and allow me the chance to return the favour for him.
  45. He must allow me to be imperfect from time to time.
  46. He must be able to cry at sad movies.
  47. He must be able to cruise guys with me.
  48. He must love watching "Lord of the Rings.” The movie, not the cartoon.
  49. He must sound like a man. Not necessarily like a fireman, but not like David Gan the auntie hairdresser either.
  50. He must never use the expression “you go, girl.” Ever.

I will allow a 2.5 - 5 % margin of error in all applicants. I'm generous that way.

UPDATE: OK people, lighten up. Criteria #51 is that he must know when I'm not really being serious. Good God, it was just a joke.

2 Comments:

Blogger ... said...

Wow...My partner fits that exactly...

But he's mine, goddamn it! :)

12:20 AM  
Blogger Elliot T. McBeal said...

Um... ok, I know I am a bit late commenting here but I just so happened to surf into your blog. Would I be considered a narcissist if I say I happen to fit almost every single bit of those criteria? Well except those which involve your habits which I know nothing about... :)

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home