Monday, December 17, 2007

Kelong?



This is our Asian Idol.

Truely a dark horse, Hady somehow managed to pull ahead from the other stunning contestants including the spunky Jaclyn Victor from Malaysia and my favourite Mau Marcelo from the Philippines. Far from being the most talented Idol on stage, it seemed almost implausible how Hady may have won over the audience that night in Jakarta

Possible theories surrounding his win include:

- Lucky underwear; biggest bulge that night

- Great/flattering makeup; Jaclyn looked like a bad getai from KL.

- Wardrobe malfunctions for the other contestants; Mau looked like a flat empanada

- Good choice of songs; crowd pleasing Bahasa songs, followed by mat rock favorite U2

- Decent voice; Indian Idol Abijeet sounded like a sheep in Bryan Adams

Dubious honour at best. Wonder how this will pan out at the next ASEAN summit.

1 Comments:

Blogger sgboy said...

I saw his his performance in when I was in KL and I felt a little embarrassed by his performance! What a weak rendition of the U2 song! He won over the pitch perfect Jaclyn? Kelong indeed

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home