Tuesday, May 15, 2007

4 jours vers Paris...



Wandering
v. wan·dered, wan·der·ing, wan·ders
v.intr.
1. To move about without a definite destination or purpose.
2. To go by an indirect route or at no set pace; amble: wander toward town.
3. To proceed in an irregular course; meander.

v.tr.
To wander across or through: wander the forests and fields.
n.
The act or an instance of wandering; a stroll.

[Middle English wanderen, from Old English wandrian.

Just wondering how much wandering I will be doing in France.

It has been so long since I've gone on a journey to an unexplored territory. As usual, I find myself falling into the usual frenzy of trip planning. So many places to go... things to do.. people to meet. It is so hard not to go overboard and start plotting/planning every second of my holiday.

And no, I don't want to be one of those Singaporeans engaging in a battle of insights. Show that they have really been there (and you haven't). None of those "Aiyoh... why you didn't go to XXXX museum at Rue XXX? The souvenirs there very nice leh.. I got 5% discount some more"

I'm aiming for a balanced approach. Like to be able to read up and find out what I really want to do. Focus on the attractions that appeals. Spend a morning wandering through le Louvre. Gawk at the Impressionists at Musee d'Orsay. Savour un cafe noisette (expresso with a dash of cream) at a cafe on Place de la Madeline and just watch Paris go by. Laugh at the silly Chinese tourists queueing up for the lift to go up le Tour d'Eiffel (TIP: Take the stairs, its only 328 steps to 1eme level, 340 steps to 2eme level).

VA Boy had a more radical suggestion. How about going to France and just enjoy "being there"? What nonsense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home