Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Sodom in Singapore

Here it is, in its full burning glory. A gay nude beach here in Singapore. Right at the secluded Fort Road end of the beach at the immensely popular East Coast Park.




Not very exciting is it? These days, the nude bathers have been driven away by the gawking labourers working hard next door at the pier to import sand into our hungry construction sites. Since the recent sand ban imposed by Indonesia, even the sand trucks have stopped running. No one comes to Fort Road except the occasional g-string cladded gym trainers and their leering fishermen fans.



Hard to believe that this was the same beach that I fell in love with more than 10 years ago. As a stressed out high school student, the beach was my escape from the buzz of urban Singapore. I remember packing my books and heading here after lunch. Spread out on the beach on my little blanket with my examination notes. Jumping in for a dip when the sun gets too hot.



Walking through the pine forest was an experience. It didn't feel like Singapore somehow. The exhilaration of the hunt. The fresh sea breeze laded with promise. The tender caresses from the soft alpine leaves and elsewhere.



Its sad that all this greenery will make way for yet another driving range. If bigots like this will have it, this country will be better once we are rid of all these naked men-loving perverts and sinners.



Oh well. Another reason why the country I grew up in may not be home for much longer.

1 Comments:

Blogger sgboy said...

I too have sweet memories of the nude beach (I never did dare to go nude)ah the good old days when I was young and beautiful....

Thanks for jogging that memory :-)

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home