Jennifer wins!

Her story is the classic tale of the underdog.

© WireImage.com - Image courtesy WireImage.com
The best of her class in American Idol - Season 3. Outstanding voice. Impressive musical sense. And unceremoniously booted out of the competition two weeks after this stunning performance.
Her come back was the stuff of legends. Playing Effie White in Dreamgirls, she pulled the carpet right under the admittedly prettier Beyonce. I was swepted by her rendition of the ultimate diva exit "And I Am Telling You". It was not as edgy as Jennifer Holiday but her presence on an empty stage totally commanded our attention. We were with her. Feeling her loss. Aching for the glory that was once hers. It was hard to believe that this is her first ever acting role.

She totally deserved the award, notwithstanding the snub on the musical in all of its other nominated categories. With this win, I hope we will see more of her amazing talent.

Congratulations, Jennifer! Now you can take that trophy and smack it across Simon Cowell's jeering face.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home