Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The she-devil wears.. er.. what's Prada?

Have been ominiously ambivalent about the usual string of summer blockbusters that I have attended religiously so far.

Da Vinci: ho hum; Xmen3: yah Wolverine; SupermanReturns: er.. ok; Pirates2: that's the END?

Can't say I've watched anything so far that grabbed me by the seat, so to speak.

And then, this fresh flick caught me giggling at my Ipod on the way to Jurong East MRT this morning.







I thought"The Devil Wears Prada" did a good job as a feel good film and a pointed take on the boring girl made good in the fashion world. It has taken a strong position in the Cinderella genre tho Sabrina has a lot more class and Pretty Woman has Richard Gere.

I'm not a fan of Anne Hathaway and the awww puppy dog looks. Her role in BBM was fleetingly (mercifully?) short. Won't even watch Princess Diaries if it was the last movie available on SQ. She was not as weak here, perhaps working with the great supporting cast here has rubbed off somewhat. Meryl is just stunning as always. And of course, Simon Baker and Stanley Tucci were fresh and funny without overdoing the fey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home