Le France - Londres
After 10 days of frog food, it was time to move on to better cuisine and nicer people. It was a crazy Tuesday morning but we barely made it on the Eurostar at Gare du Nord. Armed with a bottle of Macon Village and a cold sandwich, we were on our way to Glorious Britannia.

London is a wonderful city. Replete with the sights and sounds of a rich and proud culture that remains a big part of who I am. And the buzz of a modern world city. Pity that no one could afford to actually live here.

The Brits have a weird sense of humour. From a snack ad in the Tube:

Having spent all my money on beer, West End musicals and other pleasures of the flesh, we made an inexpensive day trip out of Zone 1 to the infamous Kew Gardens.

Somewhere in that glass house (no stones), is the rubber tree that started the craze some time ago in Malaysia.

Came across some ancient fertility idols. Didn't work for me that week.

The grounds were pristine. Just watch out for goose doo-doo.

The Poms are known for their exciting cuisine. I had to decline the sumptous steak and kidneys in favour of a milder chicken pie. This cafe near the gardens is also known for the traditional Tudor dessert "Maid of Honour". I was too eager to deflower those maids and didn't get a chance to take a photo

It was a good sidetrip... I was sad to bid the motherland goodbye.

London is a wonderful city. Replete with the sights and sounds of a rich and proud culture that remains a big part of who I am. And the buzz of a modern world city. Pity that no one could afford to actually live here.

The Brits have a weird sense of humour. From a snack ad in the Tube:

Having spent all my money on beer, West End musicals and other pleasures of the flesh, we made an inexpensive day trip out of Zone 1 to the infamous Kew Gardens.

Somewhere in that glass house (no stones), is the rubber tree that started the craze some time ago in Malaysia.

Came across some ancient fertility idols. Didn't work for me that week.

The grounds were pristine. Just watch out for goose doo-doo.

The Poms are known for their exciting cuisine. I had to decline the sumptous steak and kidneys in favour of a milder chicken pie. This cafe near the gardens is also known for the traditional Tudor dessert "Maid of Honour". I was too eager to deflower those maids and didn't get a chance to take a photo

It was a good sidetrip... I was sad to bid the motherland goodbye.



3 Comments:
It's la France. LA France. Am I bovvered? I'm not bovverred.
Was sad to see you go.
Piotr.
Merde... you're so right of course. C'est la France. I'm asking for a refund on my Frog lessons..
Dziekuje, Piotr!
love your comments..now that the ugly dog has come to life how about the ugliest stud?
Post a Comment
<< Home